Where I work, a lot of my patients like recipes. I found this recipe on goodhousekeeping.com and made it my own. It reminded me of comfort food, Thanksgiving and fall.
- 15 ounces frozen cubed butternut squash
- Olive or canola oil
- 1 lb mild or spicy sausage
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper, and celery and saute for about 10 minutes until soft.
- Add sausage and cook until browned. You may choose to cook separately in order to drain the fat.
- Add the butternut squash to the pot and continue cooking until heated through, about 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve over rice and garnish with parsley.