This is a standard meal if you’re from south Louisiana. I usually always have a stock of beans in my pantry and I was very excited when I found Blue Runner brand at Publix. I chose to add grilled chicken to mine for a little extra protein and I also added a little kick of chipotle powder.
- Olive or canola oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 27 oz can Blue Runner white beans
- 2-3 cups cooked brown rice
- 2-3 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken tenderloins
- In a large pot, heat a large drizzle of oil over medium high heat. Add the onion, bell pepper, and celery and cook until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Add the white beans, chipotle powder, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer.
- Stirring occasionally, simmer for another 10 minutes while you prepare your grilled chicken.
- In a separate pan, heat a large drizzle of oil over medium heat. Pat the chicken dry with paper towels. Season tenderloins lightly with salt and pepper on both sides. Add to the pan and cook until lightly browned, about 5 minutes on each side. Set aside to rest.
- Taste the white beans and season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve over cooked brown rice and top with chicken.