Hibachi is delicious. Point blank. Without a flat top grill at home, I have to improvise with a skillet. Cook the rice. Cook the chicken and vegetables. Season it and add sauce. Boom. You’ve got homemade hibachi.
- 8 chicken tenderloins, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 carrots, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into bite sized pieces
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- Canola oil
- Low sodium soy sauce
- Hoisin sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Heat 3 Tbsp oil and 2 Tbsp soy sauce over medium high heat. Add a dash of pepper. Cook chicken until done, about 8 minutes, and set aside.
- Heat another 2 Tbsp oil in the same skillet and add vegetables. Add 4 Tbsp soy sauce and 4 Tbsp Hoisin sauce. Add a dash of pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 20 minutes. Cover halfway through. Taste and add a dash of salt.
- Add cooked chicken to vegetable mixture. Heat together for about 5 minutes. Taste again to add any salt or pepper. *I needed to add about 2 Tbsp more of soy sauce.
- Add minced garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Serve chicken and vegetable mixture over rice.
And who could forget yum yum sauce.