Fresh veggies! What more can you ask for?
Here’s a delicious way to celebrate seasonal produce and carbs (OMG who doesn’t love carbs).
- 1 large yellow squash, chopped (about 3 cups)
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese, extra for garnish
- Salt and pepper
- Favorite seasoning blend (I used Trader Joe’s 21 Seasoning Salute)
- Favorite pasta (I used farfalle)
- Canola oil
- In a large skillet, heat a generous drizzle of oil over medium high heat. Add squash and onion, season with salt and your favorite seasoning blend (if it already includes salt, omit the extra dose). Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic and tomatoes and cook for another minute.
- Add heavy cream and 1/2 cup parmesan. Stir to combine. Lower heat to low to keep warm.
- Boil salted water to cook pasta according to directions. I used about 6 oz for this recipe and it was perfectly portioned.
- Once pasta is cooked, add 1/4 cup pasta water and transfer pasta to squash mixture. Stir to combine. Toss to combine.
- Garnish with more parmesan.