Just a simple recipe of chicken and fresh summer veggies!
I was featured in Chattanooga’s HealthScope Magazine’s April 2019’s 30th anniversary issue!
- 2 tbsp olive or canola oil
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken tenderloins
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 lb asparagus, ends trimmed, cut in half
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Lightly season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper (about 1/2 tsp each) and cook on each side 5-7 minutes, until chicken has cooked through and is slightly browned. Remove chicken and let it rest.
- If necessary, add another tbsp of oil. Add sun-dried tomatoes, asparagus, grape tomatoes, and bell peppers to skillet. Cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low. Slice chicken in 1/2 inch strips and add to skillet. Add pesto and cream and stir to combine. Add a pinch of salt and pepper if needed.
- Continue to stir occasionally while the mixture is heating, about 3 minutes. Garnish with parmesan and parsley.