I’m in the middle of facilitating and participating in a workplace weight loss competition so I’m extra inspired these days. I’ve had these two bags of frozen riced cauliflower sitting in my freezer for about 2 months now and I finally found the courage to use it. This recipe touts low carb, nutrient-dense, and moderate protein vegetables.
- 2- 10 oz bags frozen riced cauliflower
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken, cooked & shredded
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1 cup shelled frozen edamame
- 1 small bag frozen chopped broccoli
- 5 green onions, minced
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 cup or more of low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 – 1 tsp red pepper flakes, optional
- In a large skillet, heat sesame oil over medium low heat. Sauté garlic and carrots for about 3 minutes.
- Add frozen cauliflower, frozen edamame, and frozen broccoli. Stir to combine. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. *This accelerates the thawing process by creating convection.
- Lift lid, add chicken, green onion, soy sauce, ginger, and remaining sesame oil. Stir to combine. Cook, uncovered, until heated through.
Feel free to add a little more soy sauce to each serving.