Mexican. Easily in my top 3 cuisines. This is sort of Mexi-American but it does the trick.
I used a new ingredient with this recipe. Miracle Rice. It’s a plant-based, lower carb, lower calorie option to your everyday rice.
This dish is low fat, low carb, and high fiber. And full of nutrients.
- 1 lb 96% lean ground beef
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 15 oz can diced tomatoes, with juice
- 8 oz package Miracle Rice, rinsed and dried per package directions
- Substitute Options: 1 cup cooked rice, 1 cup cooked quinoa, 1 cup black beans
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 Tbsp cumin
- 1/2 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup jarred jalepeno slices (or 1-2 fresh, deseeded, and minced)
- 1/4 cup enchilada sauce – optional
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 Tbsp cilantro (fresh or dried)
- 1/3 cup fat-free cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Start browning the beef on medium high heat until mostly cooked. Some pink is okay. It will finish cooking in the oven.
- Prepare your Miracle Rice per the package directions.
- Dice the bell peppers and jalepenos. Add to beef and continue cooking for about 5 minutes.
- Add the canned tomatoes with juice, enchilada sauce, and all of the spices. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the Miracle Rice and mix to combine.
- Empty the mixture into a 9×13 casserole dish. Sprinkle the cheese over the mixture.
- Cover with foil and cook for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and cook for another 5 minutes before taking it out of the oven.
You’re done! You can serve a dollop of sour cream on top.