How sweet it is. One of my favorite inspirational blogs.
This recipe is light and delicate and tasty. Tasty meaning you can actually TASTE the food.
Simply put, this recipe includes protein, whole grains, vegetables and a delicate taste of Thai.
Thai Chicken Quinoa for 4
- 4 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2-3 carrots, diced
- 2/3 cup shelled edamame
- 2/3 cup sliced green onion
- 1/2 cup unsalted peanuts
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 4 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canned coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
Prepare quinoa according to directions. I used water but you can use low sodium chicken broth instead. Once quinoa is cooked and almost all of the liquid has evaporated, add sauce, chicken, vegetables, half of peanuts and cilantro. Cook mixture until heated through.
Serve and top with additional peanuts and cilantro if desired.