Here’s a recipe that I got from one of my favorite blogs I follow. I just had to try this since it involves 4 of my favorite things: Brie, strawberries, chocolate and bread.
I didn’t quarter the strawberries like the recipe said. Instead, I sliced them but now I know why they work better quartered. See, I’ve never roasted strawberries before. They tend to shrink and get thin when you cook them so I’d stick with quartering them like the original recipe says to do.
- 1 container of strawberries, approximately 20 berries, quartered
- 1/2 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 king size Hershey’s chocolate bar
- 1 container of brie, sliced thin
- 1 French bread loaf, sliced into 1/2 inch slices (excluding the ends)
- 1/2 stick of butter, melted, more if needed
In a large bowl, drizzle oil and sprinkle salt over strawberries. Roast on a baking sheet for 20 minutes at 375 degrees.
Once berries are roasted, transfer to a dish so that they don’t continue cooking. Brush melted butter on one side of each sliced bread.
Heat a large skillet over medium low heat. With buttered side down, create your sandwiches: 1 layer of brie, 1 layer of chocolate, 1 layer of strawberries then 1 more layer of cheese. Top with another piece of bread, buttered side up. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until brown and cheese has melted.