I really enjoy making “homemade” pizza because of the crust. Go to your favorite pizza place and purchase a dough ball for very little money. I paid $2 for mine.
- 2-3 lbs chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste (about 1/2 teaspoon each)
- 1-1 1/2 cups pizza sauce (depending on how saucy you want to get)
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- Italian seasoning, approximately 1 teaspoon
- 1 16″ pizza crust
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
Heat olive oil over medium heat and cook chicken thoroughly (7-10 minutes each side). Season with salt and pepper. Dice and set aside.
Mix pizza sauce with Italian seasoning and garlic and spread onto pizza crust.
Sauté vegetables for about 10 minutes on medium heat, stirring occasionally.
Preheat oven to 450. Arrange all ingredients over pizza crust. I like to put the chicken first, then veggies, then cheese. Cook for 10-15 minutes. Keep an eye on it because you don’t want it to burn.
Note: You may not use all of your chicken, veggies and cheese but it’s better to have more than not enough.