I picked up the kale salad recipe from Whole Foods Market’s website after I attended a Chef Demo last month. I’ve never had kale but I must’ve had 15 sample cups of this stuff. It’s really fun to chop, too. It chops like you wish every green would.
- 1 bunch of kale, stemmed and finely chopped
- 2 cups of grated carrots
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice (Juice from about 1 fruit)
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
Note: Be prepared to double the amount of soy sauce and lemon juice if you’re a dressing freak like me.
Toss all ingredients together in a large bowl. Use your hands or the back of a large spoon to thoroughly mash avocado into kale. Set aside at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving to allow kale to soften.