I’ve not had much experience baking. Well, the kind of baking from the “from scratch” aspect. I can make a mean boxed German chocolate cake, mint brownies and a fantastic Pillsbury biscuit.
- 1 package (18 1/4 oz) lemon cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg or 1/4 c Egg Beaters
- 1 can (16 oz) lemon frosting
- 1 package (8 oz) Philly cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs or 1/2 c Egg Beaters
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, butter and egg until crumbly. (I had to mix for a little while. Didn’t think it would happen but it finally got crumbly). Press onto the botom of a greased 13 in x 9 in baking pan.
- In another bowl, beat frosting and cream cheese until smooth. Set aside 1/2 c for topping. Add eggs to remaining mixture and beat on low speed just until combined. Spread over crust.
- Bake 350 for 35-40 minutes or until filling is set. (I baked mine close to 40 minutes and it still looked gooey but don’t worry, that’s part of the “Is it cake or a bar?” thingy. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. (I flipped my drain tray over and used that. Ha!).
- Spread reserved frosting mixture over top. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator.