Thanks to Aunt Teenie, I have some deer meat. I had a craving for chili today so I decided to make just that. I used the Crockpot and turned it on high heat but you also cook it stovetop. I began sauteeing the onions in 2 tablespoons of olive oil then browning the 2 pounds of deer meat. Meanwhile, I’m opening cans of vegetables and chopping 1/2 a white onion and a few stalks of celery.
- 1- 27 oz can Blue Runner red beans
- 1- 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2- 15 oz cans corn
- 1- 4 oz can green chilis
- 1 yellow white onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1-3 lbs ground deer meat (The amount of meat really depends on your preference)
- 1 packet McCormick original chili seasoning
- 1 packet McCormick mild chili seasoning
- 1- 46 oz bottle low sodium V8 juice
- Fresh green onion, chopped
- Shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
Add all ingredients together and cook on high for 6-8 hours (in the Crockpot) or 2-4 hours on medium-high (stovetop). I topped my chili with a little shredded monterrey jack and green onion and served it with tortilla chips and I sat down for a great night to watch one of my favorite movies: Kill Bill.
May you be blessed with good eats!