I had a craving for chili today so I decided to make just that. I used the Crockpot and turned it on high heat but you also cook it stovetop. I began sautéing the onions in 2 tablespoons of olive oil then browning the 2 pounds of deer meat. Meanwhile, I’m opening cans of vegetables and chopping 1/2 a white onion and a few stalks of celery.
Deer Meat Chili
- 1- 27 oz can Blue Runner red beans
- 1- 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2- 15 oz cans corn
- 1- 4 oz can green chilis
- 1 yellow white onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1-3 lbs ground deer meat (The amount of meat really depends on your preference)
- 1 packet McCormick original chili seasoning
- 1 packet McCormick mild chili seasoning
- 1- 46 oz bottle low sodium V8 juice
- Fresh green onion, chopped
- Shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
Add all ingredients together and cook on high for 6-8 hours (in the Crockpot) or 2-4 hours on medium-high (stovetop). Top the chili with a little shredded Monterrey jack and green onion and served it with tortilla chips.
1 thought on “Deer Chili”